Snow Covered Blessings

 Dear Readers,

I feel inspired to write this post in honor of the following verse:

Isaiah 1:18 (NLT) says, "Come now let's settle this says the Lord.
Though your sins are like scarlett,
I will make them white as snow...


My current state at this time is quarantined  in our guest room since Wednesday night.  I was tested on Thursday morning. and, yesterday,  I found out that I am positive for Covid-19.  

Quarantine #3  has begun.

Believe me- Ben and I- were not expecting to be in this situation so fast since we just got over quarantine for the kids.  However, just like the picture...

His blessings cover us white as snow.

And, because of it,

Life. still. has. beauty. in. the. midst. of. a. storm.

 I had opened my eyes last night

 and let myself see life in that different way . 

I. was. overwhelmed. with. tears. of. joy.

because. of. it.

Sometimes, I let myself get caught up in all the anxieties, stress, fears, and pains of this world. Until, I realize I've been blessed despite it.  Trial after trial- has been the devil's tactic to distract me away from the Lord's joy that waits for me -unknowingly- ahead

Covid has been very inconvenient for my family for a number of reasons.  However, its always seems to

 -stop. us. in. our. tracks.-

 enough to realize how 

-blessed we really have it.

For. that. I. am. thankful.

If you know me in person, it takes a lot to slow me down.

However, in times when I am still,  I see His snow-covered blessings all around me.

Here are a few that constantly flood me mind.. 

...Our home.. 

Our kids...

...Our constant love for each other (Ben and I)...

a few new jobs for both Ben and I...

 A new degree and more schooling opportunities....

Lots of child development milestones...

A stronger marriage with every trial...

consistent support and love from family...

prayers and support overflowing from friends- both new and old...

Bigger, better dreams for our family and our kids..

More vulnerable conversations to address things that really matter in our hearts..

the. ever. present. Holy. Spirit's. Lead. in. life's. decisions..

Income and affordability- to bounce back from every storm....

HIS. WORD- teaching us,  guiding us, guarding us, and protecting us when we obviously don't know which way to go....

In general, even with Covid..

GOD. is. STILL. SO. GOOD. TO. ME.

His love has been ever-present, never-ending, and very strategic  from the the beginning.  I can remember very specific times in my life I have come to this realization. This quarantine will go in my repertoire as one of those times.  

He truly is there for me always- covering me white as snow despite my imperfections and the imperfections of this world.  I will never forget this time of having Covid because it was more than just a physical healing. It was a spiritual awakening as well.

God is  always near.   

He doesn't leave me or forsake me.

He. is. always. working. for. my. good.

even when I'm too distracted to see it.

I appreciate all the snow-covered blessings you've lavished me with- seen and unseen.

And, I hope to move forward past this time and be less distracted by the mess of life to come.  I know I won't always acknowledge how good I have it, but I'm thankful for moments like this- that remind me that I really do have it good.  

Your ways are breathtakingly- beautiful to me.

I am so thankful for you, Lord.

Help me. Guide me. Love me.

I am loyally Yours forever.

Love. Always,

Crystal

Comments

Popular Posts