Volume Up: When Joy Makes A Lot of Noise

 Dear Readers,

Sometimes, Joy Makes A Lot of Noise...

And, I think I'm okay with that now.

This Spring Break was different than most Spring Breaks in the past.  It led into Easter Weekend rather than starting with Easter weekend.  So, we started the break with our own plans and ended the break with family.  The start of the break was a quiet beginning- as Ben planned an Anniversary getaway in -downtown Richmond.  We ate good food, walked around, and went shopping.  Here's a picture of us eating out at our fancy restaurant.



We stayed in a charming Air BnB  apartment walking distance away from all the great eateries.  However, as charming as our apartment was, the number 1 concern for the owner was being too loud.  

This is where I began to question- whether loud was really a problem for me.

And, really, it is.

 I've been ashamed a lot in the past- because I can be loud sometimes.  If I'm super excited or having fun- I like to cheer, holler, and celebrate!  When I discipline and redirect, I can get stern and firm like a drill sargeant. Yes, that can be loud too.  When in conflict with another individual, I can get loud when the other person isn't listening to me or doesn't hear me.  That one is painfully uncomfortable- every time

Regardless, yes- I can be a loud person.

My volume goes us to express my passions...

Because I have things to contribute and offer this world around me.

My volume goes up to voice my authority...

Because I cannot parent or teach children who do not let me lead them.

My volume goes up to stand up for myself and what I believe in...

Because I believe in my value.  If I don't stand up for myself.  Who will?

The noises of new beginnings and new explorations mean my husband and I get to be stronger, more well-rounded people.  The noises of our children mean that we are letting them figure out how to socially interact with their environment and get along with others.   The noises of the classroom means I am still part of the process that grows academic scholars and builds up kind humans.  The noises of new relationships- mean I am open to new accountability partners and friends.  The noises of new knowledge and higher education means I get to dream with other professionals who want to make an impact in the field of education.

In general, I am surrounded by noises all around me-

But, it's a great source of joy.

I stand unashamed about it.

Ending Spring Break with a few family gatherings convinced me even MORE that a lot of noise in my life is more than okay- its familiar and joyful.  As many older and wiser people in my life keep telling me-

Don't worry about what other people think of you....

Just be yourself.

Again, I feel grateful that Jesus keeps leading me to that conclusion.

Myself is more than enough.

 I give myself full permission to turn up the volume when needed.  

Bring. on. more. joy. LORD!

Thanks for reading!

Love. Always,

Crystal 

Comments

Popular Posts